Saturday 7 May 2011

Canal Run

I've been thinking about trying to run the ten flat miles home from work once or twice a week, to add to my weekly milage. It's all on canal towpath and more or less an entirely flat, so definately doable. Alex dropped me in Marple today so i could give it a go and see how long it took. With a lot of dawdling it only took 1:25 so i think it's a goer. Not sure I'd manage running in and out on the same day though!


One of many interesting bridges on the canal. It's tempting to have a go at operating them but I'd probably get told off/chop my arm off somehow.



Tamest Heron ever, refusing to move to let me past. I think it's his bridge and I was tresspassing..



New Mills railway viaduct.



Bugsworth Basin, the old terminus of the canal and the start of the Peak Forest Tramway.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment